Monday, January 16, 2012

Art Journaling

Hello, again! And Happy New Year!

How has your 2012 been thus far? Mine has had its series of ups and downs. Getting sick, then starting a fun new class. That's what I wanted to share with you today. My art journaling.

Art journaling is like scrap-booking/painting digitally. It comes with all these fun brushes, layers, clip art, fonts, and mediums to work with in my *favoritest computer program of all...Adobe Photoshop!

My first assignment was to create something with the theme of HEART. So, this is what I made:

                                                               Based on Proverbs 4:23


The next day, I was assigned the topic of HOME.



                                                             Based on John 14:2


It wasn't my plan from the beginning to base both pieces off of scripture. It just happened that way. And let me tell you, making scripture art is so invigorating! If you've never so much as made a picture with a Bible verse in the middle and swirly marker doodles around the border, you should really try it. I would greatly encourage it. Scripture art gives you a chance to express the beauty of the Word in a way that makes it even more real to you.

Well, this concludes my show and tell. Be sure to check back and to see project #3!



-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

*Yes, I know "favoritest" isn't really a word. Bear with me through my lack of proper vocabulary :P

2 comments:

  1. I love both of those, Kayla!!! They look super cool to me. If I end up going into Graphic Design, maybe you could teach me a few things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! I love art with Scripture. You did a great job! I can't wait to see what else you make.

    ReplyDelete